Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: EVERYTHING SALARYCAP RELATED
Posted by: 1876-Fez
Date: 13/12/2019 13:45
Just in case anyone had missed Baxter's views in the T'graph yesterday..

Article below:

Rob Baxter, the Exeter director of rugby, believes that there is yet more to come from scrutiny into Saracens’ salary-cap transgressions and that a line has not yet been drawn under the matter.
The formal inquiry concluded with the European and Premiership champions being docked 35 points and fined £5.36 million for breaches of the regulations stretching back over three years.
Exeter have been denied Premiership titles by Saracens during two of those three seasons and the sense of injustice which was expressed by the club when news of the sanctions first broke in early November shows no signs of easing ahead of the first meeting between the clubs, at Sandy Park on Dec 29.
“We’ve given Saracens all the ammunition they need [with our comments] for them to come here massively psyched up,” Baxter said. “I don’t believe that a line has been drawn in the sand, not by any means, [in terms of what went on] and we are not at the end of that process. That will make it interesting [on Dec 29]. It will make it a great test for us on the field.
“I’ve moved on from worrying about any Saracens’ result because I don’t see how they mean much to anyone any more. I look at the other 10 Premiership clubs, but there is one club whose results I don’t set any store by now because we don’t know if there is any honesty behind them. There certainly hasn’t been for three years.”
Baxter used to study Saracens in detail while working to improve ­Exeter’s fortunes as they strove to become champions themselves.
“How Saracens play now is the least important thing for me in the Premiership,” Baxter said. “What I used to do is watch them in order to learn from it, learn how to try to beat them. Now the big lesson on how you achieve what Saracens have achieved is to be outside the rules that we are all adhering to.”

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net