Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: What should Sarries do now?
Posted by: Surbiton Sarries
Date: 19/01/2020 11:00
Quote:
MaroonTyke2
For the players:
1. release anyone who wishes from their contract now or at the end of the season. With other Premiership clubs probably already committed to the salary cap for both this and next year, this would mean looking to other leagues. Lyon are reported to be interested in Owen, Maro & Billy for next year. South Africa, Japan and Argentina are other possibilities.

2. seek to renegotiate current contracts to ensure there are no financial obstructions to promotion from the Championship.

Team selection:
Behave as if the season was a normal one (& go all out to try and win the Heineken!)

For the fans:
1. arrange a meeting to explain (past & future) and apologise.
2. put in place incentives for renewing STHs next year for the first season back in the Premiership. A free ST would be nice!

As for us fans, what should we do:
1. get behind the players in whatever decisions they make.
2. get behind the team each week. By turning up at AzP for every home/Storm game and expressing loud vocal support.

From a personal point of view, as my travelling time for a home match amounts to 4 hours or so, I do not feel inclined to carry on with this for a series of meaningless matches. For next season I'm open to renewing so long as we are not charged Premiership prices for Championship rugby; as others have said elsewhere it will at least be refreshing to have a change of opposition. Beyond that, it depends on whether PRL pull up the ladder.

I'm 100% behind the players and coaches and wish them well in their future careers wherever they go. On the otherv hand Mr Wray, the directors and seniorb management..........

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net