Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Salary cap breaches revealed
Posted by: maynas
Date: 23/01/2020 15:11
Quote:
Ken I L Worth
Just to make it clear.
Saracens accepted relegation, PRL didn't force it upon them
For some unknown reason they didn't want to open their books for 'full scrutinisation' from that everyone makes the obvious conclusion that by choosing relegation (arguably a punishment out of proportion to what has been declared) Saracens have chosen the lesser of the two evils.

We will probably never know what the other evil was, but sadly it almost certainly would have assigned a once great club to a shameful history.

For the sake of the game we all love, hopefully we will never know.

Brendan Ventner said on nRugby Pod they chose this route as audits would take way over the end of the season and mess up so many people’s lives, not just Sarriies, while relegation just put a line under the issue. I imagine also all that auditing, which would probably spread in scope to other clubs to agree transactions, would be very costly and I bet no one wanted to pick up the tab. Seems a sensible course to take but you cannot please trolls anywhere

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net