Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Backdoor Ringfencing?
Posted by: dolfk
Date: 17/02/2020 09:54
It strikes me as very significant that it is an "open letter" whilst much of what the PRL and RFU do is behind closed doors.

I am reading Unholy Union by Michael Alwyn - about 1/3 through - where he charts the history of these organisations and makes pretty clear that their interest is not necessarily in growing and promoting the game, players or fans but much more in protecting their vested interests - the old boys club.
So far, it is a scary book for anyone who loves the game. It is a real eye opener for me and gives me zero confidence that the governing bodies are good custodians and capable of delivering a coherent strategy. Ultimately that will be expressed in how much sponsors and broadcasters are willing to pay for rights; PRL and RFU seem to be doing an excellent job of shooting themselves in the foot.

ps might have a different view by the time I finish the book

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net