Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: SPACE: RUGBY’s FINAL FRONTIER
Posted by: joethefanatic
Date: 08/08/2019 00:09
If we're going there, I'd vote for removing both flankers and keeping the 8. It would certainly free up space around the scrum. But then you'd probably just get lighter, faster 8s clogging up the breakdown instead.

More interesting might be to remove the open side flanker and inside centre or both wingers...

But the positions we are talking about are the product of 150 years of evolution. I'm sure that clever coaches could invent hybrid playing positions or formations to plug the gaps in no time at all.

In the end, I'm in the "stop coaching and enforce the Laws we've got" camp. For instance, I'd be perfectly happy for the TMO to adjudicate on offside if the linesmen cant/won't do it. It won't take long for the teams to cotton on, especially if the refs start handing out team yellows for repeat offences. People respond to incentives...

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net