Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Players out of contract - what next?
Posted by: Dunno
Date: 03/04/2020 11:28
Having read this article about an ex Bath player and his worries regarding his future playing trajectory, I reflected that there must be a good few other players off contract in May/June who will be facing similar uncomfortable limbo. This will especially affect those playing pro rugby a little below the top tiers

Having been involved in some lower level Semi-Pro Recruitment activities in the past, there are only so many matchplay videos and CV scrutiny that the recruiting clubs will lay credence to.
Face to face discussions, and 3/4 days trials are essential, plus a character evaluation during this process will ultimately prove vital for a coach looking at best options for his next squad.

In the illustration I offer, I can't see Carl kicking his heels too long after some normality returns to our day to day living.

I still scratch my head, and wonder why Bath ever let him leave in the first place, he has the kind of "mongrel" in him that reminded me of Danny - he's been ripping it up in Pro2 and T14, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up remaining in France.

Carl Fearns in limbo in France

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net