Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Ampthill Scores
Posted by: Straightout
Date: 13/01/2020 13:25
Thanks Cliff and others.. good points made. Jennings is a good defender, hence capable at 12 too and is a good distributor as has been said. He is not the finished article but was Def bought to solve the 10 problem of having a higher class operator there. I canít imagine the club will be looking to get someone else in as he has made a good start too to his career with us. We do lack a top class ball playing 12 so he does get moved across. As a wider debate it is interesting (and disappointing) that we are still not quite good enough to win some games we should really be winning with more comfort. We prob all had a niggling doubt that we may come unstuck on sat even though we had a v strong side on paper. Even with a near prem class backrow and most of our best players in we still canít seem to be sure of beating the likes of ampthill away who letís face it have a much smaller budget than us.. they have done superbly well in their first year and were a junior club a few years ago which makes it sound worse as they are not a big club. Maybe we are 2 or 3 players away still from consistently winning each game we should away. Not sure what position they should be in but I would say a top class 12, Jennings played in his right position and maybe a real enforcer and experienced second row. 13 to is debateable although we all know how good rob Knox could become or maybe Forsyth is the answer there. Stevens is good and solid but not top 2 level probably. We lack an outstanding skilful midfielder I think. To unlock the real potential we have out wide in purdy and Trimble. I expect Us to win all our home games apart from falcons which will be close due to crowd and raising our game. What two or three positions do people think we need improving to stop us waking up feeling gutted that that niggling doubt is realised and we lose to Ampthill (or a jersey etc away)? Maybe itís experience as a team more than new players. And maybe Fenners off day was the diff on Saturday. Jennings isnít the finished article so maybe another year under his belt will give us that real confidence at 10.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net