Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Dai is aware of the issues
Posted by: P T A W
Date: 14/05/2014 19:39
wisewasp, unfortunately I don't have access to The Blues accounts, though i'm sure with your many welsh contacts you do.
Though i thought it only wright to try to gain access, so I have emailed Peter Thomas, to please reveal the playing budgets through Dai's tenure. If and when he replies I will report back.
If as you said they were operating on a budget of 3 million,although i would agree it was not inline with the French clubs. ( although at the period you talk of the french had a wage cap of 7 million pounds, not 10 x as much as you state) The Blues budget was not to dissimilar to the premiership wage cap.
I would also like to point out the playing squads that Dai had whilst at the Blues were actually quite strong:
05-06: [www.rugbynetwork.net]
07-08: [www.rugbynetwork.net]
08-09: [www.rugbynetwork.net]
09-10: [www.rugbynetwork.net]

So to suggest he was hampered by a weak playing squad whilst having, I believe 9yrs to recruit, nurture, and develop a winning culture and legacy is not quite the case.
As i have said in an earlier post when i suggested certain followers of the Blues were not to sad to see him go. Though I was accused of holy inaccurate information.
Please take the time to read:
[www.petitiononline.com]
Please note that these are the opinions and comments of other people not mine. This is not the only source availiable were people question Dais ability.
I just thought I would bring some other view points to the forum from a source where Dai was given the time to deliver.
As I have said numerous times, in my opinion there just comes a time when you need something or someone to take you that extra mile.
As the title of this thread "Dai is aware of the issues", its all well and good being aware of the issues its a completely different thing to be able to rectify them.
Anyway enough from me on this subject.
On a positive lets go and smash Stade off the park Sunday.
COYW.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net