Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Improvments
Posted by: fair_weather_fan
Date: 19/01/2020 10:54
Quote:
Jamie_86
For me the biggest change has been that we pick and encourage players across the 3/4 line who are/want to be play makers.
Our attacking style under Mallinder was incredibly rigid. It was 9 to 10, 10 to 12, bosh... go again.

Now, how regularly do you see Hutchinson, Francis, Furbank or even forwards sometimes, step in at first receiver from a Reinach pass from the breakdown. It keep defences guessing, it gives us huge variety in how we attack, not to mention it's fantastic to watch because you never know what's coming next.

Boyd really has introduced the All Black mindset into our playing style. Everyone in the team is encouraged to play now. Look at the improvements in the carrying and passing style of the likes of Van Wyk and Painter.

The thing that impresses me is how quickly this has all happened. It's only been 18 months since Boyd's arrival and you would think it would take longer than that to overhaul the playing culture of a club. I suppose the fact he's brought through so many young players helps the pace of change.

It's so good to be a Saints fan at the moment. Yes there's still a long way to go if we want to challenge Exeter in England and the likes of Leinster, Racing and Clermont in Europe but if we can keep Boyd around for the next 4/5 years, I genuinely believe we can do it.

COYS

Its right.Anyone now seems prepared to pick upthe ball from a ruck and distribute it, I suppose once you've done it successfully once or twice any reticence disappears. Under Jim it was only Mikey H who would do that. Getting the ball out before the defence can reset is massive, but only if lazy retreating runners get penalised. Anyone watching the last 20 of Quins Clermont will understand that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net